Sunday, March 24, 2013

Welcome

I like to make small things--shiny, pretty things out of metal and glass.  Mainly, I enjoy the process of making things so I tend to give them away.  The raven-like part of me, misses the shiny things, so I thought I'd create an archive of them.  Hence this blog.

I mainly work in glass as I love working with molten things and the metal, well, I like hammering things too.

Here is a piece I made for a friend's 50th birthday yesterday.  It contains five links--one for each decade.

The hand-formed links are made of boroscilicate glass and the chain is sterling (I didn't make that part).

I love wearing glass against my skin as it heats up and if you like to fiddle, it's really quite lovely to the touch. This one makes a nice jingle sound too.


No comments:

Post a Comment